Sunday, June 12, 2011

...A Song for the Times...


Hope's Reflection



If hope had a reflection, it would look just like you.

It was seen in your smile and in the light of your eyes.

You stood by my side, in the darkest of times
And poured the light of love
Back into my life


I kept spinning around, with no end in sight.
Please believe me all the times I said I tried to be free,
I thought finding my way would be easier than this,
But, the darkness got darker and the lows got lower.
I tried to change my mind,
Yet the walls got closer and the chains a little tighter.
I tried to find the shortcut to lead me to the right road,
I tried to find the light, I tried to breathe.
I couldn't, I couldn't breathe.

And there,
You lifted me up, when I had fallen.
You restored me back to life,
As you dusted the sparkle across my blue eyes,
Filled my heart with a deep and never ending love.
I never thought I would end up here, standing where I am.
Laughing and smiling,
Embracing who I am,
It is all because of you.

If hope had a reflection, it would look just like you.
It was seen in your smile and in the light of your eyes.
You stood by my side, in the darkest of times
And poured the light of love
Back into my life
 













1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful song! The lyrics are lovely as are you!

    ReplyDelete